So you may have noticed I’ve been a bit silent this past week, but I have just been so busy. I’ve been spending a lot of time working on my cosplays, and I just got a huge (32-portrait) freelance illustration project, so my spare time has been spent away from blogging. Yikes, this summer is going by so fast!

And speaking of going by fast, this week I’ll be going to Montreal for vacation! What? I booked this back in March, and I’m not even exaggerating when I say I haven’t thought about it.

Montreal!

So I need your help!! We’re staying at the L Hotel in Old Montreal, but I have no idea what to do while there! Do you have any advice for staying in the city? And sights I can’t miss? How about any great food places?

See you next week!

5 thoughts on “Montreal!

• June 24, 2014 at 1:04 pm

I’ve never been to Montreal but it seems like you have been busy and deserve a nice vacation! Congrats on getting that freelance project and can’t wait to see your future cosplays! :)

• June 23, 2014 at 9:28 pm

OOOOOH!!! I live in Montreal and LOVE showing people around. First off, food. It is actually pretty hard to find bad food in Montreal. Stay away from the tourist restos in the Old Port (especially the ones in the little open square area). They are okay, but very overpriced. For unique dining experiences (read: spendy) Au Pied de Cochon, Garde Manger & Club Chasse et Peche are good choices). Poutine is a must. I like greasy spoon cuisine, but La Banchise is the tourist fav. Also, it is open until very, very late. Hit the Plateau for shopping and food, you will love it. Also go to Mile End. There are bagels and coffee and the Drawn and Quarterly book shop.

This week is sort of the transition between festivals, but there is always tons to do . Go to one of the farmers markets (Jean Talon or Atwater) and grab food to have a picnic on Mt. Royal. If you go on a Sunday there are drummers (called, Le Tamtam) & larpers hiding in the trees.

I could go on and on and on.

Oh wait! Microbrews! We have awesome microbrews here!

On second thought, hit me up. I’ll show you around or just tell you were to get the best {fill in the blank}.

• June 24, 2014 at 10:23 am

Oh my gosh, thank you SO much for this – this is so helpful! Especially the part about avoiding the touristy areas in Old Port. I definitely want to try Poutine :) I’ve also heard Montreal has the best bagels, so I’ll keep Mile End in mind!

We’re definitely going to Mt. Royal, and now I think we’re going to go on Sunday – sounds fun! And yes to microbrews…good drinks are important ;)

And if I have any questions while I’m there, I know who to ask!! Thank you again for the amazing suggestions!

• June 23, 2014 at 4:36 pm

How exciting you’ll be in my country! Haha, however I last visited Montreal when I was about 12. So. My memory of what I saw is limited unfortunately! Hope you have an amazing vacation though!!

• June 23, 2014 at 2:33 pm

I’ve never been to Montreal so I can’t be of any help, but it sounds like you need a getaway. I hope you have a fun & relaxing time!