I’m really excited to share my newest costume, Caitlyn from League of Legends. I actually saw her official art last year, and it prompted me to start playing the game! I loved her outfit so much that I knew I wanted to create it at some point.

I wore this costume to Connecticon this past weekend, and Rich Carpenter snapped these photos on Saturday. And oh my gosh, I love them. I was going to wait until I had all my photos edited to post, but I was too excited not to share these.

Kyla Cosplay | Caitlyn, the Sheriff of Piltover
Kyla Cosplay | Caitlyn, the Sheriff of Piltover

Costume Details:

• Dress: Jersey knit. Top trim is lace, bottom is two layers of white lining that I gathered and sewed to the hem.
  • Belts, Holster: Brown suede. Metal “gears” are craft foam that I spray painted silver and attached silver studs to.
  • Hat: Yikes! This was hard. It was a rolled cardstock tube, with the purple jersey pulled taut over the top to create the triangle shape. I used jersey-covered cardboard for the top and bottom. The stripes are gold spandex, and the wrap is the brown suede.
  • Hat Details: The ring and scopes are spray-painted model magic. The scopes are glued onto gold wire, and the top of the wire is stuck through the top of the hat.
  • Gun: The shape of the gun was cut from a large piece of pink XPS foam (found at Home Depot). It was paper mached, primed with gesso, and spray painted. The barrel is a dowel and wrapping paper tube stuck into the foam. Details were made of craft foam, model magic, and fabric studs.

If you have specific questions about how I made anything, let me know!

Kyla Cosplay | Caitlyn, the Sheriff of Piltover
Kyla Cosplay | Caitlyn, the Sheriff of Piltover

Have any of you played League of Legends? It’s such a fun game, and there are so many fun champions to choose from. This definitely isn’t my only League costume!

14 thoughts on “Cosplay | Caitlyn, the Sheriff of Piltover

• July 17, 2014 at 5:57 pm

This is just fantastic, the hat turned out amazing! I know LoL has amazing costumes but I haven’t played myself. I have a hard time with moderation so I know I’d get addicted! Haha :)

• July 17, 2014 at 12:43 am

Wow! this is amazing! look at all your detail in the costume and accessories, the hat and gun you did really wonderfully! you have to be a creative problem solver for some of the details! great job :)

• July 16, 2014 at 7:04 pm

P.S. Actually, my most recent idea was to cosplay my Wildstar character. Have you tried playing it?

• July 16, 2014 at 9:32 pm

I haven’t heard of Wildstar before, but wow, that looks like a fun game!

• July 16, 2014 at 7:04 pm

You look AWESOME!! Such a great job on Caitlyn!! I’ve always thought she would be one of the more fun LoL characters to cosplay. I played LoL for a little while (no longer but I hear about it a lot as my boyfriend plays) and I’d love to cosplay a character for PAX in Seattle this Aug/Sept. I’ve never cosplayed before, so I’m not sure I’ll find the nerve for it… or the time! :)

I was thinking Reverse Anni or Arcade Sona would be really fun!

• July 16, 2014 at 9:31 pm

Thank you! I LOVE Arcade Sona, it’s such a fun skin :)

• July 16, 2014 at 6:27 pm

Incredible work! You look so great. As much as I would love to cosplay a League character, I find the game frustrating since I’ve never been a MMO fan..maybe someday I’ll get the hang of it. Can’t wait to see more photos of this cosplay too.

• July 16, 2014 at 4:40 pm

Exceptional work Kyla – so detailed. How many hours do you think you put into this?

• July 16, 2014 at 9:30 pm

Thank you!! :) And I’m not quite sure, it was really only an hour here or there after work…so I’d probably guess 30-35 total.

• July 16, 2014 at 12:38 pm

Wow Kyla! I love this costume, you look gorgeous! I love the big hat :)