I’m really excited to share my newest costume, Caitlyn from League of Legends. I actually saw her official art last year, and it prompted me to start playing the game! I loved her outfit so much that I knew I wanted to create it at some point.
I wore this costume to Connecticon this past weekend, and Rich Carpenter snapped these photos on Saturday. And oh my gosh, I love them. I was going to wait until I had all my photos edited to post, but I was too excited not to share these.
- Dress: Jersey knit. Top trim is lace, bottom is two layers of white lining that I gathered and sewed to the hem.
- Belts, Holster: Brown suede. Metal “gears” are craft foam that I spray painted silver and attached silver studs to.
- Hat: Yikes! This was hard. It was a rolled cardstock tube, with the purple jersey pulled taut over the top to create the triangle shape. I used jersey-covered cardboard for the top and bottom. The stripes are gold spandex, and the wrap is the brown suede.
- Hat Details: The ring and scopes are spray-painted model magic. The scopes are glued onto gold wire, and the top of the wire is stuck through the top of the hat.
- Gun: The shape of the gun was cut from a large piece of pink XPS foam (found at Home Depot). It was paper mached, primed with gesso, and spray painted. The barrel is a dowel and wrapping paper tube stuck into the foam. Details were made of craft foam, model magic, and fabric studs.
If you have specific questions about how I made anything, let me know!
Have any of you played League of Legends? It’s such a fun game, and there are so many fun champions to choose from. This definitely isn’t my only League costume!