Happy Monday! I’m excited to be sharing another one of my costumes with you. This time it’s Spellthief Lux from League of Legends!

Kyla Cosplay | Spellthief Lux
Photo: Felix Wong Photography

Kyla Cosplay | Spellthief Lux
Photo: skowalz.com

Kyla Cosplay | Spellthief Lux
Photo: Shelley Cosplay & Photography

COSTUME DETAILS:
Hood: The hood pattern was drafted by me and is made out of suede. I did have a simplicity cloak pattern, but got so frustrated with it that I scrapped it and made my own! I used about 4 yards of muslin making mock-ups. I edged it in purple satin and used puff paint for the design.

Staff: I loosely followed Courtney’s Lux staff tutorial. Great resource if you’re looking to build the staff. However, I only used worbla for the ends and twisted them more than the tutorial, and the effect personally was more like the splash art.

Belts: All belts were made from upholstery leather I got at Jo-Anns, and I bought the buckles on etsy.

Potion bottles: I used these sand art bottles, and filled them with gel beads.

The shirt was bought at target, and I poked holes in plain corduroy pants and laced them up the sides with leather cords.

Kyla Cosplay | Spellthief Lux
Photo: skowalz.com

Kyla Cosplay | Spellthief Lux
Photo: Shelley Cosplay & Photography

I wore her to Granite State Comic Con, and hope to re-wear at a future convention as it’s a pretty comfortable costume and easy to wear. This particular character is my favorite to play in the game, and this skin is my favorite to use while playing her. If you play League, have you played her before?

Be sure to follow along on my Facebook page for more of my cosplay progress shots.

18 thoughts on “Cosplay | Spellthief Lux

• March 2, 2017 at 10:25 pm

What did you do for the armbands? It looks like it’s just fabric. Also did you buy the side pouch somewhere? How did you attach the book to the belt? Was it glued or tied? The whole cosplay looks beautiful. I’m working on my own spellthief lux cosplay and have been perusing the internet for ideas. I hope you can respond since i realize this post is more than 2 years old. Thanks!

• March 5, 2017 at 8:55 pm

Hi there! I hope you can actually see my response :) The armbands are craft foam, I glued a smaller strip to a larger strip and painted them.

The side pouch was definitely bought, though I can’t remember where…I did remove the shoulder strap as the attaching rings are still on the sides of the pouch. To attach it to the belt I glued a piece of fabric to the back with two slits on it…so the belt essentially “wove” through the backing on the purse, holding it in place when I secured the belt. I hope that makes sense…feel free to reach out if you have any other questions! :) I’d love to see your costume when it’s complete!!

• June 10, 2015 at 3:47 pm

Gorgeous! This is so spot on and I love the colors you used. What brand / type of wig did you wear for this? It looks like an Arda Ferrari.

• June 23, 2015 at 4:26 pm

Thank you! It’s actually a Hestia from Epic Cosplay :)

• October 21, 2014 at 5:48 pm

I’m yet to play League of Legends. It’s killing me that everyone has been talking about it and I didn’t play it yet! Ugh!
    On another note: that pattern on the hood is a killer! Great job!

• October 21, 2014 at 9:32 pm

You totally should! It’s so much fun. And thank you!

• October 21, 2014 at 6:56 am

I love this outfit, Kyla! I want to get into LoL. I plan on playing more soon!

• October 21, 2014 at 9:31 pm

Oooh, you definitely should! It’s so addicting.

• October 21, 2014 at 5:56 am

So I did not know you cosplayed let alone played League! This is amazing! I love playing Lux but when I’m up against her its super annoying haha. Your cosplay is so well done and so polished! I’ve cosplayed a few times and always wanted to get back into it!

xoxo

• October 21, 2014 at 9:30 pm

That’s amazing, someone else who plays League! Yayy!

• October 21, 2014 at 1:56 am

Wow! you are getting more intricate and detailed all the time!!!
    the hood looks awesome!! your pattern came out wonderful and the puff paint design is great!

you are inspiring me to get back into sewing clothes :)

• October 21, 2014 at 9:31 pm

Thank you so much! I’d love to see what you make :)

• October 20, 2014 at 2:09 pm

You look amazing Kyla! Seriously, I love it!

• March 22, 2017 at 5:10 am

pistache –Thank you very much. Yes, that almost certainly is a machete, whether home-made or bought at the French equivalent of Walmart.Paris is looking like Rwanda.