Happy Monday, everyone – I’m back this week for another round of geeky cocktails! Be warned though, this drink is sweet! And it’s inspired by my favorite feisty video game/movie characters, Vanellope Von Schweetz!
You will need:
- 4 shots of absolut vanilla
- 6 shots of fruit soda (I used a local brand)
- OR 3 shots of fruit soda & 3 shots of soda water
- Spree candy (or your favorite candy)
- Edible glitter (optional)
- OPTIONAL: Pour some edible glitter into a fun ice mold, and let freeze overnight
- Put a few ice cubes into a glass and layer in some candy
- Pour in the vodka and soda, and stir lightly
Note: This was super sweet, and I realized as an afterthought that substituting half the soda for some plain soda water would have worked well. So if you’d like something less sweet, I would recommend doing this. You could also just ignore the fruit soda and let the candies flavor the drink – still yummy!
Wreck-It Ralph is one of my favorite animated films and I love this Vanellope Pop figure I own. Anytime I want a fun, lighthearted movie, I grab that one. I can easily see creating a whole drink series around that movie – there are so many good characters to choose from!
If you make this, I’d love to know how it turns out – do you have any drinks you make that are inspired by movies or characters?