Ok, who else has been playing Overwatch? It’s been such an addicting game! I haven’t been playing as much as I’d like but it’s a fun game to play together with friends.
In honor of one of the most adorable characters to play, here’s a Mei-themed cocktail: FREEZE!
You will need (for 1 cocktail):
- 8 blueberries
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp sugar
- 8 mint leaves
- 2 oz white rum
- 1 cup ice
- 1 oz club soda
- Stick 2 glasses in the freezer beforehand to get them frosty
- Muddle together the mint, sugar, and half the blueberries in a shaker
- Add in the lime juice and rum, and shake
- Pour into glasses and top with club soda
- Drop in the other half of the blueberries and a mint sprig for garnish
Happy Monday, everyone – I’m back this week for another round of geeky cocktails! Be warned though, this drink is sweet! And it’s inspired by my favorite feisty video game/movie characters, Vanellope Von Schweetz!
You will need:
- 4 shots of absolut vanilla
- 6 shots of fruit soda (I used a local brand)
- OR 3 shots of fruit soda & 3 shots of soda water
- Spree candy (or your favorite candy)
- Edible glitter (optional)
- OPTIONAL: Pour some edible glitter into a fun ice mold, and let freeze overnight
- Put a few ice cubes into a glass and layer in some candy
- Pour in the vodka and soda, and stir lightly
Note: This was super sweet, and I realized as an afterthought that substituting half the soda for some plain soda water would have worked well. So if you’d like something less sweet, I would recommend doing this. You could also just ignore the fruit soda and let the candies flavor the drink – still yummy!
Wreck-It Ralph is one of my favorite animated films and I love this Vanellope Pop figure I own. Anytime I want a fun, lighthearted movie, I grab that one. I can easily see creating a whole drink series around that movie – there are so many good characters to choose from!
If you make this, I’d love to know how it turns out – do you have any drinks you make that are inspired by movies or characters?
Hello lovelies, welcome to 2016! Who else is excited for what the year has to offer?
I’m starting this blog of with a sparkle with a magical girl cocktail as part of my nerdy drinks column!
A friend of mine got me this gorgeous viniq liquor, and it legitimately sparkles. I’ve never seen it before in any store and was happy to learn it’s pretty affordable (because I’m definitely going to keep this in stock on my bar cart…) It was practically begging me to come up with a magical girl recipe.
You will need:
- 4 shots of viniq
- 4 shots of cranberry juice
- 1.5 cups of prosecco
- 1 meyer lemon
- Mix viniq, cranberry juice, and prosecco in a champagne glass
- Add a splash of lemon juice and garnish with a lemon peel
Super easy, fruity, sparkly, and delicious!
Of course I brought out my Madoka Magica babies to do this shoot with me. I definitely recommend this recipe for parties or a pick-me-up…because honestly, who doesn’t want to feel like a magical girl?
Let me know if you have any magical girl recipes you want to share, or if you try this one. It’s just so much fun!
Today I thought I’d share something I haven’t done in a while…share a drink recipe! And not only is this just a drink recipe, it’s inspired by the game Bioshock Infinite.
You will need:
- 4 shots of white tequila (we like Camarena)
- 1.5 shots of triple sec
- 1/2 shot blue curaçao
- 1 cup limeade (we prefer this over sugary margarita mix, but use what you prefer!)
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Salt for rims
- Use lime juice to wet the rim of the glasses, and dip into salt
- Add tequila, triple sec, curaçao, limeade, lime juice to a shaker and mix well.
- Serve over 1 large ice cube
I’m thinking of making this into a series, Nerdy Cocktails, but I’m not sure how often I’d be able to update. Would you be interested in that series?
If you end up making this, I’d love to see your photos!
Now that it’s February, I wanted to share with you a delicious drink recipe that’s refreshing and perfect for Valentine’s day…honey-lemon whisky fizz! I love honey whisky, and wanted to create a drink that’s light and refreshing. If you are familiar with a Gold Rush, this drink is in the same family.
You will need:
- 2 shots of Honey whisky
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 1 Cup lemon seltzer
To make, shake the lemon juice and whisky together with a handful of ice cubes. Pour over the seltzer. Stir together & add a few pieces of fresh strawberries to the glass. And that’s it!
I hope you guys enjoy this cocktail…I’d love to know if you make it!
What’s your favorite drink for Valentine’s day?