Tonight I’ll be playing
overwatch drunkenwatch with my cool Twitch friends, Skowalz, AcornBandit, and silenced_knight. In honor of Overwatch, we created a fun little cocktail for the theme: Sound Berrier, featuring my main, Lucio!
You will need (makes 1):
- 2 shots raspberry vodka
- 1/2 shot Midori melon liquor
- Seltzer (I used blueberry flavor)
- Berries of your choosing (I like blueberries and blackberries for color contrast)
- Splash of simple syrup or white cranberry juice for added sweetness
- Add ice to glasses
- Pour your vodka and midori
- Add seltzer until your glass is almost full
- For added sweetness, top your drink off with either simple syrup or white cranberry juice
- Add in your berries
- Mix everything well with a stir stick
- Enjoy – you are now ready to activate the sound berrier!
Note: This recipe mild in flavor, so up the amount of midori or juice (or vodka!) if you like an extra punch.
Also note: You get extra points if you get play of the game while drinking this! ;)
If you end up making this drink at home, let me know in the comments! I’d love to hear if you enjoyed it.
Ok, who else has been playing Overwatch? It’s been such an addicting game! I haven’t been playing as much as I’d like but it’s a fun game to play together with friends.
In honor of one of the most adorable characters to play, here’s a Mei-themed cocktail: FREEZE!
You will need (for 1 cocktail):
- 8 blueberries
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp sugar
- 8 mint leaves
- 2 oz white rum
- 1 cup ice
- 1 oz club soda
- Stick 2 glasses in the freezer beforehand to get them frosty
- Muddle together the mint, sugar, and half the blueberries in a shaker
- Add in the lime juice and rum, and shake
- Pour into glasses and top with club soda
- Drop in the other half of the blueberries and a mint sprig for garnish
Hello lovelies, welcome to 2016! Who else is excited for what the year has to offer?
I’m starting this blog of with a sparkle with a magical girl cocktail as part of my nerdy drinks column!
A friend of mine got me this gorgeous viniq liquor, and it legitimately sparkles. I’ve never seen it before in any store and was happy to learn it’s pretty affordable (because I’m definitely going to keep this in stock on my bar cart…) It was practically begging me to come up with a magical girl recipe.
You will need:
- 4 shots of viniq
- 4 shots of cranberry juice
- 1.5 cups of prosecco
- 1 meyer lemon
- Mix viniq, cranberry juice, and prosecco in a champagne glass
- Add a splash of lemon juice and garnish with a lemon peel
Super easy, fruity, sparkly, and delicious!
Of course I brought out my Madoka Magica babies to do this shoot with me. I definitely recommend this recipe for parties or a pick-me-up…because honestly, who doesn’t want to feel like a magical girl?
Let me know if you have any magical girl recipes you want to share, or if you try this one. It’s just so much fun!
Today I thought I’d share something I haven’t done in a while…share a drink recipe! And not only is this just a drink recipe, it’s inspired by the game Bioshock Infinite.
You will need:
- 4 shots of white tequila (we like Camarena)
- 1.5 shots of triple sec
- 1/2 shot blue curaçao
- 1 cup limeade (we prefer this over sugary margarita mix, but use what you prefer!)
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Salt for rims
- Use lime juice to wet the rim of the glasses, and dip into salt
- Add tequila, triple sec, curaçao, limeade, lime juice to a shaker and mix well.
- Serve over 1 large ice cube
I’m thinking of making this into a series, Nerdy Cocktails, but I’m not sure how often I’d be able to update. Would you be interested in that series?
If you end up making this, I’d love to see your photos!
Now that it’s February, I wanted to share with you a delicious drink recipe that’s refreshing and perfect for Valentine’s day…honey-lemon whisky fizz! I love honey whisky, and wanted to create a drink that’s light and refreshing. If you are familiar with a Gold Rush, this drink is in the same family.
You will need:
- 2 shots of Honey whisky
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 1 Cup lemon seltzer
To make, shake the lemon juice and whisky together with a handful of ice cubes. Pour over the seltzer. Stir together & add a few pieces of fresh strawberries to the glass. And that’s it!
I hope you guys enjoy this cocktail…I’d love to know if you make it!
What’s your favorite drink for Valentine’s day?