Tonight I’ll be playing
overwatch drunkenwatch with my cool Twitch friends, Skowalz, AcornBandit, and silenced_knight. In honor of Overwatch, we created a fun little cocktail for the theme: Sound Berrier, featuring my main, Lucio!
You will need (makes 1):
- 2 shots raspberry vodka
- 1/2 shot Midori melon liquor
- Seltzer (I used blueberry flavor)
- Berries of your choosing (I like blueberries and blackberries for color contrast)
- Splash of simple syrup or white cranberry juice for added sweetness
- Add ice to glasses
- Pour your vodka and midori
- Add seltzer until your glass is almost full
- For added sweetness, top your drink off with either simple syrup or white cranberry juice
- Add in your berries
- Mix everything well with a stir stick
- Enjoy – you are now ready to activate the sound berrier!
Note: This recipe mild in flavor, so up the amount of midori or juice (or vodka!) if you like an extra punch.
Also note: You get extra points if you get play of the game while drinking this! ;)
If you end up making this drink at home, let me know in the comments! I’d love to hear if you enjoyed it.
Back at it with a second gift fuide for the year – this time, it’s for the gamer! Or, a more “casual” gamer. These are some everyday items that are perfect for all types of gamers. Or a little gift for yourself :P
one | Overwatch Jacket
two | Widowmaker Jacket
three | Moogle Phone Case
four | Acrylic Chess Set
five | Energy Increased Travel Mug
six | Pokemon Socks
seven | Minecraft Light-Up Diamond Ore
eight | Question Block Enamel Pin
nine | Nintendo Monopoly
What kinds of presents are you getting for the gamers in your life this year?
Welcome to this year’s Nerdy Gift Guide, Part I! For the first part of this series, I wanted to share something we can all relate to: ugly sweaters! I’ve worn my share of ugly sweaters in the past, but never anything “nerdy”. This year that changes! Here are some of my favorites, ranging from Game of Thrones, to Crunchyroll, to Portal. Hopefully there’s something for everyone:
one | Pikachu Sweater
two | The Christmas Cake Is A Lie
three | Winter Is Coming Sweater
four | Crunchyroll Hime Sweater
five | Super Christmas Bros
six | Star Trek Sweater
seven | Christmasvania Sweater
Will you be attending any ugly sweater parties this year? I personally have my eye on the Crunchyroll sweater…if you have any other sweater ideas, let me know!
If you’ve been seeing my posts over the past few weeks, you’ll know this isn’t my first time posting something related to the game Overwatch, though it is my first outfit post!
I picked up both the Nerf This! tee and the bunny tights at Connecticon last month, and I’ve really been loving the combo together. (I did get asked on instagram though, and I’m so sorry but I can’t remember the vendor who sold this :< ) DVa is my favorite character to play (& Lucio!), and she’s so adorable, too. This inspired outfit is a lot of fun to wear, and the bunny tights really pulled it together for me.
Who is your favorite Overwatch character, and what do you think they’d wear if they went “casual”?
Ok, who else has been playing Overwatch? It’s been such an addicting game! I haven’t been playing as much as I’d like but it’s a fun game to play together with friends.
In honor of one of the most adorable characters to play, here’s a Mei-themed cocktail: FREEZE!
You will need (for 1 cocktail):
- 8 blueberries
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp sugar
- 8 mint leaves
- 2 oz white rum
- 1 cup ice
- 1 oz club soda
- Stick 2 glasses in the freezer beforehand to get them frosty
- Muddle together the mint, sugar, and half the blueberries in a shaker
- Add in the lime juice and rum, and shake
- Pour into glasses and top with club soda
- Drop in the other half of the blueberries and a mint sprig for garnish