Product & Print | 070
Here’s a bright and cheerful Product & Print for your Tuesday morning!
I love the fun Colorful Pinwheels print by Danny Ivan. Wouldn’t it look great in a kid’s room, or a craft room?
I’ve loved Momiji dolls for a while, and have been wanting to purchase one for my vinyl toys collection (not like I really need more!). One of these cuties would look great in the same room that pinwheel print is hanging in, wouldn’t it? I’m thinking the Adventure one!
What items would you put in a kid’s or craft room?
Every time I look at illustration by Lois Van Baarle, I immediately wish it was fall. I’m over this heat – I can’t wait for crisp fall air, boots, and hot coffees!
Canary Dress by saraqael (Zan) is stunning. Zan is a cosplayer, and I love when cosplayers create original pieces. This dress is somehow classic and badass at the same time!
I guess I’m just really into yellows this week? Visual Response 07 by Bobby Haiqalsyah is a stunning piece of typography and illustration, and the details are gorgeous.
What are you loving this week?
Cosplay | Caitlyn, the Sheriff of Piltover
I’m really excited to share my newest costume, Caitlyn from League of Legends. I actually saw her official art last year, and it prompted me to start playing the game! I loved her outfit so much that I knew I wanted to create it at some point.
I wore this costume to Connecticon this past weekend, and Rich Carpenter snapped these photos on Saturday. And oh my gosh, I love them. I was going to wait until I had all my photos edited to post, but I was too excited not to share these.
- Dress: Jersey knit. Top trim is lace, bottom is two layers of white lining that I gathered and sewed to the hem.
- Belts, Holster: Brown suede. Metal “gears” are craft foam that I spray painted silver and attached silver studs to.
- Hat: Yikes! This was hard. It was a rolled cardstock tube, with the purple jersey pulled taut over the top to create the triangle shape. I used jersey-covered cardboard for the top and bottom. The stripes are gold spandex, and the wrap is the brown suede.
- Hat Details: The ring and scopes are spray-painted model magic. The scopes are glued onto gold wire, and the top of the wire is stuck through the top of the hat.
- Gun: The shape of the gun was cut from a large piece of pink XPS foam (found at Home Depot). It was paper mached, primed with gesso, and spray painted. The barrel is a dowel and wrapping paper tube stuck into the foam. Details were made of craft foam, model magic, and fabric studs.
If you have specific questions about how I made anything, let me know!
Have any of you played League of Legends? It’s such a fun game, and there are so many fun champions to choose from. This definitely isn’t my only League costume!
I Admire | Pellisco
I have been following Pellisco on Behance for a while, and I always get excited when I see a new project. His style is energetic and colorful, and so vibrant. These are some of my favorite projects:
Orion | Late Night | Lost at the Helm | After Life
That first Orion project has to be my favorite – something about that character is so captivating. Be sure to follow Pellisco on behance…you’ll get to see many more of his projects (and each one is amazing)!
You can also find him on:
twitter | flickr | tumblr
Do you have any illustrators or designers you admire? I love finding more creatives to follow!
Can you believe it’s July 12 already? Crazy! I’ll be at Connecticon this weekend – I can’t wait! I’ll be wearing a new cosplay that I’ve been staying up late all week trying to finish.
Has anyone else been craving pop tarts recently? Because I have. I used to love them as a kid, so when I saw that Cooking Classy had a recipe for homemade pop tarts, I got really excited. I will definitely be making these soon!
I love this fun sweets print from Ana Monteil – I’m all about these colors right now! And especially in the summer, I naturally gravitate towards anything with ice cream on it ;)
Jonathan Hamilton/tsuaii always produces gorgeous illustrations, and this LeBlanc illustration from League of Legends is no exception. The shading and colors are perfect, and I love her expression. His work is worth checking out!
Do you have plans for this weekend?