Color Me | Magenta
I’m excited to share a new Color Me post with Kitty! This month we chose to do Magenta, which I couldn’t be more thrilled about, since it’s my favorite color! I had a lot of fun pulling these items together.
agate coasters | socks | cocktail ring | ice cream illustration
hong kong sign illustration | clutch
I’m pretty obsessed with the hong kong sign illustration by Claire O’Brien, and I’m really eyeing that clutch, since I’ve been in need of a new bag for a while!
Are you a fan of magenta? Do you have any magenta favorites? Be sure to go and check out Kitty’s post and see her picks for this month!
What I Wore | Woodzee
Oh wow, it’s been a long time since I’ve done a What I Wore post, huh?
Anyway, I’m really excited this week to be wearing these amazing Woodzee Sunglasses! Woodzee are bamboo sunglasses that you can feel good about wearing.
Woodzee has a Trees Program:
For each and every Woodzee item sold at Woodzee.com, Woodzee will donate a portion of the proceeds to a select group of non-profit organizations that conduct tree planting projects across the globe.
I am really pleased with my Daphne pair; they are lightweight, protect my eyes really well, and are super stylish. I can’t wait to keep wearing these this summer!
You know how sometimes you use your favorite sunglasses into the ground, and it’s time to get a new pair? Well, Woodzee has a Recycle Program that lets you recycle your old pair and enjoy 40% off your new pair! Talk about thinking of the customer.
Which pair of sunglasses are your favorite?
Note: This a post in collaboration with Woodzee.com. All opinions are my own.
Product & Print | 070
Here’s a bright and cheerful Product & Print for your Tuesday morning!
I love the fun Colorful Pinwheels print by Danny Ivan. Wouldn’t it look great in a kid’s room, or a craft room?
I’ve loved Momiji dolls for a while, and have been wanting to purchase one for my vinyl toys collection (not like I really need more!). One of these cuties would look great in the same room that pinwheel print is hanging in, wouldn’t it? I’m thinking the Adventure one!
What items would you put in a kid’s or craft room?
Every time I look at illustration by Lois Van Baarle, I immediately wish it was fall. I’m over this heat – I can’t wait for crisp fall air, boots, and hot coffees!
Canary Dress by saraqael (Zan) is stunning. Zan is a cosplayer, and I love when cosplayers create original pieces. This dress is somehow classic and badass at the same time!
I guess I’m just really into yellows this week? Visual Response 07 by Bobby Haiqalsyah is a stunning piece of typography and illustration, and the details are gorgeous.
What are you loving this week?
Cosplay | Caitlyn, the Sheriff of Piltover
I’m really excited to share my newest costume, Caitlyn from League of Legends. I actually saw her official art last year, and it prompted me to start playing the game! I loved her outfit so much that I knew I wanted to create it at some point.
I wore this costume to Connecticon this past weekend, and Rich Carpenter snapped these photos on Saturday. And oh my gosh, I love them. I was going to wait until I had all my photos edited to post, but I was too excited not to share these.
- Dress: Jersey knit. Top trim is lace, bottom is two layers of white lining that I gathered and sewed to the hem.
- Belts, Holster: Brown suede. Metal “gears” are craft foam that I spray painted silver and attached silver studs to.
- Hat: Yikes! This was hard. It was a rolled cardstock tube, with the purple jersey pulled taut over the top to create the triangle shape. I used jersey-covered cardboard for the top and bottom. The stripes are gold spandex, and the wrap is the brown suede.
- Hat Details: The ring and scopes are spray-painted model magic. The scopes are glued onto gold wire, and the top of the wire is stuck through the top of the hat.
- Gun: The shape of the gun was cut from a large piece of pink XPS foam (found at Home Depot). It was paper mached, primed with gesso, and spray painted. The barrel is a dowel and wrapping paper tube stuck into the foam. Details were made of craft foam, model magic, and fabric studs.
If you have specific questions about how I made anything, let me know!
Have any of you played League of Legends? It’s such a fun game, and there are so many fun champions to choose from. This definitely isn’t my only League costume!